Part Number: 5978007621
78 TOROID PLASTIC COATED
Explanation of Part Numbers:
– Digits 1 & 2 = Product Class
– Digits 3 & 4 = Material Grade
– 9th digit 1 = Parylene Coating, 2 = Thermo-Set Plastic Coating
A ring configuration provides the ultimate utilization of the intrinsic ferrite material properties. Toroidal cores are used in a wide variety of applications such as power input filters, ground-fault interrupters, common-mode filters and in pulse and broadband transformers.
All toroidal cores are supplied burnished to break sharp edges.
– Toroids with an outside diameter of 9.5 mm (0.375″) or smaller can be supplied Parylene C coated. The Parylene coating will increase the “A” and “C” dimensions and decrease the “B” dimension a maximum of 0.038 mm (0.0015″). The ninth digit of a Parylene coated toroid part number is a “1”. See reference tables for the material characteristics of Parylene C. Parylene C coating is RoHS compliant.
– Toroids with an outside diameter of 9.5 mm (0.375″) or larger can be supplied with a uniform coating of thermo-set plastic coating. This coating will increase the “A” and “C” dimensions and decrease the “B” dimension a maximum of 0.5 mm (0.020″). The 9th digit of the thermo-set plastic coated toroid part number is a “2”. Thermo-set plastic coating is RoHS compliant.
– Thermo-set plastic coated parts can withstand a minimum breakdown voltage of 1000 Vrms, uniformly applied across the “C” dimension of the toroid.
For any toroidal core requirement not listed in the catalog, please contact our customer service department for availability and pricing.
The C dimension may be modified to suit specific applications.
Weight: 15 (g)
|Dim||mm||mm tol||nominal inch||inch misc.|
Σl/A : Core Constant, le : Effective Path Length, Ae : Effective Cross-Sectional Area, Ve : Effective Core Volume
AL : Inductance Factor
Toroids are tested for AL values at 10 kHz.